Week 1- I Have A Dream

#1

In today's modern life, the world seems to be cartwheeling towards unseen and unheard values. So even I as a part of this rat race have a dream of achieving great heights of glory for myself and my loved ones. Everyone today wants to achieve the highest acumen in life.
So adhering to one's own culture and values has proven to be an obstacle in the quest for fame and money. My dream is to fulfil all my endeavours and thoughts but without having to compromise with my pride and culture.
Education is the foremost priority on my mind, but only after proving myself as a worth and good human being. I find it rather preposterous when a person leaves everything else behind in order to catch hold of his dream. But actually even after being surrounded by all techno gadgets and worldly fame, he wouldn't have any human around to share his joy and happiness. Hence I would like to conclude saying that my dream would be to become a beautiful person by heart so that I can beautify everything around me.

-Kavya Kumar (Writer of the Week)
 FE, SIES Graduate School of Technology.

#2
Much water has flown down the Ganges after we became free from the political and social tyranny of the British rule. Still, I can hear my heart weep when I look at the innocent young generation of my country craving for one square meal a day. In such a crisis, I stand perplexed as I don't know how to reach my message of education for social and spiritual upliftment of all the people at large.
I know the ever told face that India is a country where things are too complex to happen. But I want my dream to take off from the drawing board into reality. I want to shape a nation where moral and value based education transform each and every soul of our young nation and thus conserve that so built momentum into eternal knowledge and progress of the nation. We need a brigade of young achievers for that. The future beckons!

-Vishnu Chandrasenan
FE, SIES Graduate School of Technology 

#3
Dreams are not, what you watch in sleep,
It is the desire to achieve that success leap,
I too have a dream, like everyone,
that I got to achieve within the years to come,
My dream is to fly,
never to look down and sore high,
My dream is to win,
and to forgive and forget those who sin,
My dream is to spread smiles,
even it, for it, I have to walk miles,
My dream is to lead,
and make my team succeed,
I hold that spark, inside my heart, it seems,
because I hold the power of having dreams.

-Aman Salunkhe
FE, SIES Graduate School of Technology

#4
Dreams are the personification of one's thoughts and ideals. An object or an idea which one has to materialize. Rapid eye movement as it is scientifically placed, people are yet to find out the true meaning of dreams. I have a dream that one day India will be free from the clutches of corruption, poverty and endless slavery of powerful and money-eating fellow Indians. We shall prosper and break the shackles which bind us from reaching total development. The barriers between brethren will fall and we will walk hand in hand, unified, empowered and scintillated.

-Rohan Vivera
FE, SIES Graduate School of Technology

#5
Paints, brushes, scalpels, crayons and everything creative and in them I stand, painting the canvas of my life. Blue or green or yellow? Confused! Calmness or adventure, peace or war? What should I paint? Graffiti or a landscape or just play with colours?
I shook my head hard, left all the worries behind and refreshed my mind. I took a brush and there I was playing with colours, splashing them all over with finger prints, hand imprints and what not. I had a smile on my face. I laughed merrily and enjoyed every stroke of the brush. The canvas seemed endless. I was satisfied and then there was a hush. And then there was, the most beautiful painting that I had created and it was.. my life!

-Akshay Nalavade
FE, SIES Graduate School of Technology

#6
A dream... spells the start and end of a beautiful life. Our ambitions take root from our dreams. I have a dream too.
In my dream, I see my country in top of all the charts. I see myself proclaiming proudly to the world that I am the citizen of a country, where gold flows like a river, where women are respected and taken care of, where women are leading men and men are proudly following them to a prosperous and a better future, where children are well fed, where everyone has a chance a live a fun-filled childhood. My dream though may seem too far-fetched and is out of my control and capability, but I have no doubt that the first step towards my dream should and will always start with me.

-Shruthi Suresh
FE, SIES Graduate School of Technology

#7
Our forefathers said 'Dreams make you rise up to your goals'. Indeed, I realised it today. Not so long ago i.e..  about four hours before, I saw a dream in which I saw myself engrossed in some thoughts, some difficulty, some confusion, answers to which were hidden. Then suddenly a ray of light from the faintest of edges hit me. It was the shadow of a person who had a pure soul. He took me in his arms, raised me up and said 'The world is an illusion. Don't think too much. Just plan and execute it.' I have a dream to be someone like that.

-Mandar Patil
FE, SIES Graduate School of Technology

#8
Dreams! The only place where everything is so picture-perfect, where thing and events occur according to our will and wish, where we move into moments of despair only to give ourself some hope that yes, someday  everything will fall into place to achieve our goals. It is said that 'If you can dream it, you can get it' and I do believe that imagination is a very strong tool. For me, my dream is to become a successful person and bring smiles on the faces of my parents. But to realise dreams, hard-work, patience and determination all come into play. There were moments wherein I had completely given up on my dreams but like it is said, believe and you can make it,  no matter how tough it is or how long it takes. So, it's just about perseverance combined with a passion to perform.

-Nikita Naik
FE, SIES Graduate School of Technology

#9
What if there were no crimes or corrupt citizens, would anybody be deceived? We would then cease to understand the importance of honesty. What if there was no darkness? One would cease to understand what light is. What if there were no lies? Everyone would have been perfect. If there would exist a world where there are no extremes, then there would be no life since death would cease to exist. Who would value life if there was no death? I have a dream where everyone would understand their tough daily life situations and face them as they face happiness. I want them to learn the differences and the extremes rather than running away from their problems.

-Dharini Dutia
FE, SIES Graduate School of Technology

#10
I want to fly like a bird. Yes, it's a dream like we all do dream. Dreams are meant to be pursued and not simply discarded. Every other wonder in this world has occurred due to a dream, be it Google, Facebook or our very own Scintilla. Dream about the stars, pursue it and you will definitely and for sure reach the stars.

-A.K.S
FE, SIES Graduate School of Technology

One Response so far.

  1. I feel the writer has beaten around the bush regarding to the title involved. It's a non-conclusive article though decorated with formidable english words which indicated the writer's fluency and familiarity with english as a spoken language. Kudos to that.

Leave a Reply