Scintilla 5.0

# Into the Night the Muses Sing
I close my eyes
The darkness rings
Into the night
The muses sing

I hold the ashes
Of my broken wing
Into the night
The muses sing

The moon is dead
And all stars don't shine
The spirits of doom
Come to redefine

The ground consumes
My forsaken soul
Burning up hell
With my heart of coal

The bringer of truth
The merchant of light
The guardian of Ruth
Died in a fight

The symphony of death
In the broken blood shell
Lies now in between
Still darker than hell

Awaiting the sting
Of that stenchful rain
To wipe off my soul
That insidious stain

Scarred by those angels
Pecking up from high
Dwelling up there gazing
From that rotten burned sky

As the demons of old
Carve with blood on my bones
When iced damnation
Squeal rugged, they groan

Playing on its flute
The requiem of death
Pandemonium gasps now
With its blastful breath

And my broken heart
Wills to rotten and die
While with reverence I hold
That tear in my eye

I close my eyes
The darkness rings
Into the night
The muses sing

I hold the ashes
Of my broken wing
Into the night
The muses sing

-Kking Rapstar
Snare of Light
SY, B.Sc.I.T., SIES College of ArtsScience and Commerce, Navi Mumbai

# Colorless Chess Board

I wish I get a second chance to meet you again for the first time
I'll make sure that this time everything just goes fine.
In a day you went from I love you more to I don't love you anymore, 
And that is how you made me sore.
Every moment I spent with you was like a beautiful dream come true, 
And I just don't know how to breakthrough.
I laugh to hide my tears, 
As now you’re doing what I feared.
I try to maintain a straight face, 
As in my mind I hug you tight and cry in your embrace.
And now I can't help but stare at you, 
And search for a clue of the old you,
But emotions left in you are not even few.
I tend to be happy or just learnt to pretend,
But this wait will probably never end.
I feel like a figure of stone standing alone in the cold dark night, 
Lost against destiny in every single fight.
I feel like the sun burning from the inside but,
Still merrily shining bright.
Forgetting you is something I can never afford, 
Life without you is like a colorless chess board.


-Sanjana Mane
SE, Vidyalankar Institute of Technology, Mumbai.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Chehra
    ----------------------------
    Muskaan aisi aankhen num karde
    Aankhen aaisi ki haskar gham bharde
    Dekhe hai kahin chehre bheed me alag
    Magar dekh na paye khushi un chehron par
    Kho jao agar bheed me kabhi
    Dhund lunga tumhe, kyon ki tum khushi ho
    Sirf Koi chehra nahin

    Behek gaye hum un aankhon par
    Mehek us muskaan ki sula gayi hume
    Khushi ke kuch pal maange the
    Magar gham ko sulaane ka sahaara de gaye
    Yaad aaye the kahin dafa
    Woh pal,us haseen din ke
    Jis din ek chehre ne
    Kahin barson ka gham bhula diya

    Jiye woh pal baar baar
    Magar thi koi kami un yaadon me
    Yahi ki woh yaadein hi reh gayi thi
    Yahi ki woh yaadon me hi reh gayi thi

    woh ja chuki thi
    Meri aankhein khuli thi
    Mere upar aasman tha
    Magar woh wahan nahi thi
    Maine aanhken band ki
    Mujhe woh chehra nazar aaya
    Uske honton par muskaan thi
    Magar uski aankhon me
    Sirf dard reh gaya tha.....

  2. VC says:

    @Kking Rapstar, Very beautifully versed. The rhyme still stays with you after reading...

Leave a Reply