The Diary of an NSS Volunteer

A Camp To Remember!

What a sight it was to see,
The beautiful faces looking at me,
Looking at me with dignity,
The young minds filled with ecstasy.
Just 3 days were there for me,
To know them better like a family,
Watch them, scold them all lovingly,
Could there be a better memory?

Challenges, Oh! there were many,
All faced with bravery,
The basic necessities were a bit scanty,
But what is a camp, if lived lavishly?

This special school we visited will be,
The most cherished moments for many,
The talented children you won't believe,
Tears in most eyes, ah! what a sight to see.

Trekking was one of the events where we,
Were led by this dog, we called 'Moti',
Without him we might have been lost, you see,
Animals like dogs are the bestest friends there could be.

What is a camp without a bonfire? you ask me,
Singing and dancing all merrily,
That song called "Halli cha porana porgi..."
Was the most sung song in Marathi!

The Girls' night, an experience so close to me,
Would have been incomplete without your haha heehee,
The oohs and awws will ring infinitely,
As long as Tom is running after Jerry!

Faces were sad as they bid adieu to me,
But with promises to stay close and happily,
The empty room at home seemed so eerie,
Without murmurs and whispers as I pulled the blanket over me.

The dawn broke and the cell phones buzzed loudly,
All minds stuck at the camp! Oh wowee!
Its over I know, but you see,
The memories will always stay with thee!

Nayonika Roy, SIES GST TE-IT


One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Good one; )

Leave a Reply