Top 10 Emily Dickinson Quotes

Emily Elizabeth Dickinson (December 10, 1830 – May 15, 1886) was an American poet. Born in Amherst, Massachusetts, to a successful family with strong community ties, she lived a mostly introverted and reclusive life. Dickinson's poems are unique for the era in which she wrote; they contain short lines, typically lack titles, and often use slant rhyme as well as unconventional capitalization and punctuation. Many of her poems deal with themes of death and immortality, two recurring topics in letters to her friends- Wikipedia




Her
e are her top ten quotes:

We meet no Stranger, but Ourself.

To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else.

Hope is the thing with feathers - That perches in the soul.

If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can ever warm me, I know that is poetry.

Forever is composed of nows.

I know nothing in the world that has as much power as a word. Sometimes I write one, and I look at it, until it begins to shine.

I don’t profess to be profound; but I do lay claim to common sense.

Behaviour is what a man does, not what he thinks, feels, or believes.

A word is dead when it is said, some say. I say it just begins to live that day.

That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet.

Leave a Reply