Scintilla 1.0

# The Magician
I have known him for the last nineteen years or maybe even more but still when I met him this time, he was hard to recognize. He looked distant and alienated, he appeared beaten but veteran. Believe me, this friend of mine is a magician. He says he can fool the entire world including you with his poker face but bad for him, he could not fool me. His eyes gave him away. He thinks he is the master of disguise. He is a strange artist, this magician. He doesn’t like the ones who fall for his tricks rather the ones who see through him, them, he adores. I have seen him when he was at his best; I have been a part of his worst.
They tell me that he is a changed man now, that he has mastered the ultimate magic of love. The magician no longer hides behind his mask. It is now time for his final show. I sit among the audience clapping and cheering as he performs his final act of betrayal. He betrays the very things he was once proud of. He betrays hate and he betrays revenge. He throws away the mask and finally reveals himself. The world loves him. He looks at me for a brief moment and then gracefully retires from the stage. His exit from the stage has created a void which he says no one should ever try to fill. Still proud? The Magician tells me that he no longer wants to perform. He just wants to be. I am going to confront him today. I will ask him why. I will ask when I meet this Stranger in the Mirror.

-Pramit Kumar
Creative Head, Scintilla Weekly
FE, SIES Graduate School of Technology

# How Death Maybe
I always wonder how death maybe
Like a tear trying to set free
Hiding beyond happiness and glee
Like the night sky trembling with thunder
Like a curt comment causing emotional blunder
Like an intense flash light striking into the eye
Causing it to ache and run dry
Like a dew drop falling onto the ground
Ending its journey with great sorrow and proud
Gripped with grief like a perished leaf
Lying on the ground waiting to rest in peace
Caressed by misery
Embraced by dejection
It certainly is deaths inception
Bloated with pain bleeding again and again
Hoping for death to not leave me again.
Emerging from heaven was an angelic soul 
Who held my hand leading me to a paradisaical hole
Death now seemed like a sweet lullaby seducing the senses
Like dancing in the rain, breaking the restricting fences
Like he puckers on to your delicious lips
While you twist and turn in his grip
Like the morning sun rays delicately
Touching your face
Or like when you tied your first shoe lace
Like the wind blowing your hair behind
Or like when you awe at a deed very kind
Death was beautiful better than the life
But as soon as I opened my eyes
Had to wake up and get out of paradise
So only death can take away this immense pain
But till I live no loss no gain.

-Arohi Gupta & Sanjana Mane
FE, SIES Graduate School of Technology & Vidyalankar Institute of Technology

11 Responses so far.

  1. VC says:

    Very nice suspense generated. Great read!

  2. Awesome Pramit.. I'm just amazed by the kind of new stuff you all are trying to slowly introduce into our dull system.

  3. Thank you Rohit and its only because of the keen interest and powerful thoughts of people that we shall achieve something valuable!

  4. Pramit ! You deserve to be the Creative head of Scintilla Weekly .You revealed your creativity in your writing.

  5. Wow!! the article is really fantabulous. Mind blowing suspense...

  6. p says:

    Amazing! Good work buddy

  7. arohi and sanjana...awesome lines!!!!

  8. awesome!!great work!

Leave a Reply